INTERNATIONAL REGISTRY OF TRAILER, CONTAINER AND CHASSIS EQUIPMENT
The first publication to include in one format a listing of trailers and containers owned by all forms of transport. It is the first highway equipment register to utilize computers in compiling data for use in the "pre-selection" of transport facilities. The REGISTRY lists information every shipper needs prior to making final decisions in selection of compatible carriers and equipment. It aids interchange between carriers of all modes of transport by showing, at a glance, all pertinent characteristics of their equipment. This registry is published semi-annually and lists by equipment serial number the dimensions and cubic capacity of trailers and containers used in intermodal service and is filed as a tariff by Equipment Interchange Association.
Equipment Interchange Association1616 P Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 156 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Container handling; Container traffic; Containerization; Containers; Directories
- Old TRIS Terms: Container interchange; Container shipping guide; Container surveys; Intermodal containers
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00301410
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Equipment Interchange Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM