DIGITAL PROCESSOR FOR AN INTEGRATED NAVIGATION SYSTEM
The Sperry 412 is a digital processor suitable for an integrated navigation system. The statistically optimum solution to the navigation problem is achieved by Kalman filtering, a method whose power lies in its ability to estimate the unknowns given their form. Kalman filtering provides high accuracy output from relatively low grade inputs at the expense of some mathematical computation. The design philosophy has been to produce, at low cost, a really powerful processor which can be built into a wide variety of systems and which will operate in extreme environments.
Transport and Technical Publications Limited161-166 Fleet Street
- Publication Date: 1970-1-30
- Pagination: 40 p.
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Issue Number: n5
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Digital computers; Integrated systems; Navigation computers; Navigation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Integrated navigation systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00015170
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1971 12:00AM