On the cutting edge : Halvor Lines is closing in on a 10-mpg truck, thanks to tractor and trailer specs / by David Cullen -- In the real world : Ursa Logistics backs up its mpg-boosting efforts by constantly assessing its data / by David Cullen -- An every day effort : staying on top of data and drivers helps Cooper Freight in its mpg quest / by Deborah Lockridge -- Bragging rights : RRR Transportation 'does the right things' in its quest to improve mpg and lower its carbon footprint / by Deborah Lockridge -- Construction : 'turn the truck off' : idle reduction is key for this Ohio-based construction fleet / by Tom Berg -- Fuel economy at any size : the greenest miles are the ones you never run, says the giant parcel and logistics company / by Tom Berg -- Private fleet tackles turbulence : Duplainville Transport's aerodynamic tractor-trailers average 7.7 mpg on trips among printing plants operated by its parent, QuadGraphics / by Tom Berg.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Title from head of page 64.
- Publication Date: 2016-6
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: pages 64-84
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Fuel consumption; Management; Trucking; Trucks
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Motor Carriers;
- Accession Number: 01607310
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Aug 2 2016 9:54AM