New Technology and Construction Technology Applied to Construction of the "Ueno Tokyo Line"
The Ueno Tokyo Line Construction project enables direct links the Utsunomiya, Takasaki, and Joban lines to the Tokaido Line. According to the new seismic design standards considering Level 2 seismic motion changed after the 1995 HanshinAwaji Great Earthquake, the authors developed a new method of reinforcing existing structures. The development of this new method was necessary for the achievement of the project. Also, under narrow and severe construction space conditions adjacent to conventional lines and just above Shinkansen lines, steel members and girders had to be installed. For steel member installation, the authors contrived ways to carry members and conducted various studies to secure seismic resistance and installation accuracy. For girder installation, the authors used a movable installing machine designed on the fail-safe concept and completed installation safely while securing the performance of seismic durability.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/51815943
- Abstract used with permission of the East Japan Railway Company.
- Yamada, Masato
- Fujiwara, Torajiro
- Takeichi, Yaeko
- Publication Date: 2015
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: pp 37-42
- JR East Technical Review
- Volume: 32
- Publisher: East Japan Railway Culture Foundation
- ISSN: 1347-8907
- Serial URL: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/development/tech/index.html
- TRT Terms: Construction projects; Durability; Earthquake resistant design; Earthquakes; Girders; Railroad construction; Structural members; Technological innovations
- Geographic Terms: Tokyo (Japan)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01605857
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 25 2016 1:12PM