THE URBAN TRACKED LEVITATED VEHICLE
Presented is a brief summary of one of the newest concepts in transportation--the Urban Tracked Levitated Vehicle. Air levitated, magnetically guided, propelled by single-sided LIMs, it is a really new idea in mobility. It holds a practical hope of filling the transportation gap between the 60 mph of autos and the 500 mph plus of aircraft.
- Contributed by the Intersociety Committee on Transportation for presentation at the Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Denver, Colo., Sept. 23-27, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- WARD, J P
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Tracked air cushion vehicles; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051418
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-ICT-96 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 9 1981 12:00AM