Tackling the engine speed optimisation challenge : in April, ABB Marine and Ports revealed its Dynamic AC system, the latest innovation in its quest to improve fuel efficiency for diesel-electric vessels. The Motorship spoke to programme manager electrical systems Sami Kanerva about the new concept -- MTU develops high-speed pure gas engine : Rolls-Royce's high-speed engine unit MTU is developing the first high-speed marine engines to operate on pure gas, with first applications planned on European ferries -- Measuring fuel quality : there is more reason than ever for ship operators to look more closely at how fuel quality can affect engine and vessel performance, writes Larry Rumbol, marine condition monitoring market development manager, Parker Kittiwake..
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Title from head of page 16.
- Publication Date: 2016-5
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: pages 16-22
- TRT Terms: Fuel systems; Propulsion; Ships
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01604251
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Jul 1 2016 12:15PM