DEVELOPMENT OF ENERGY SAVING TYPE PREHAEATING SYSTEM FOR WELDING
The improvement of preheating process for welding is required for reduction of gas consumption and better weld quality control. The authors conducted studies for the development of an energy-saving type preheating system for welding in an effort to meet the need and developed a preheating system composed of high-efficiency gas burners, a high-precision temperature measuring device and a combustion control device. The performance of the new preheating system is introduced in this paper, which is briefly as follows: (1) The gas burners are of premix type and have a high heat transfer coefficient. (2) The temperature measuring device can measure the surface temperature up to 500 deg C with an accuracy of plus or minus 10 deg C. (3) The control device controls fuel gas consumption according to the surface temperature of the work. It is expected that fuel gas consumption can be reduced by 50 percent by use of this preheating system.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00266817
- Originally appeared in Mitsubishi Juko Giho - the Japanese Technical Review. A full translation of the article is available upon request.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited5-1 Marunouchi, 2-chome, Chiyoda-Ku
Tokyo 100, Japan
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Technical Review
- Volume: 15
- Issue Number: 6
- ISSN: 0026-6817
- TRT Terms: Energy conservation; Quality control; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Welding procedures; Welding quality control
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00300808
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM