SYSTEM SAFETY AND RAPID TRANSIT PROJECTS
This paper is a brief review of Systems Safety and its relationships to transit projects. Hopefully, it will lead to a better understanding of the unique problems presented by the transit industry. System Safety is now and will continue to play a significant role in the transit industry. Its value, in proper perspective, is obvious. However, its success in the future will depend on how well we keep in mind the relative importance to society of pursuing the elusive goal of a perfect safety record versus accomplishing the mission at hand, which is to review the vehicular congestion of our urban areas.
- Contributed by the Intersociety Committee on Transportation for presentation at the Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Denver, Colo., Sept. 23-27, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Hackley, P F
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Safety
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051401
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-ICT-56 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 9 1982 12:00AM