INTEGRATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN THE URBAN TRANSPORTATION PLANNING PROCESS
During the past decade, environmental degradation has been increasing in our urban areas at a fast pace. A major cause of this degradation is attributed to our transportation systems and to the lack of perception and consideration of the environmental issues in the transportation planning process. These issues and problems are analyzed and suggestions are made as to how solutions can be integrated in the different phases of the planning process. These suggestions are in the form of institutional and methodological changes dealing with the planning process.
- Contributed by the Intersociety Committee on Transportation for presentation at the Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Denver, Colo., Sept. 23-27, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Mouchaboir, G E
- Arrillaga, B
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental protection; Network analysis (Planning); Rapid transit; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00051399
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Journal of Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-ITC-51 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 9 1981 12:00AM