Experiences from Liberalisation of Road and Rail Transport
Firstly, the author discuss about the participation of transport cost to the total product cost. Secondly, the author analyse how the liberalisation of road and rail freight transport in Germany, United Kingdom (UK), and theUnited States of America (USA) is affecting the efficiency market shares, the oligopolistic situations, the safety and the service of isolated areas, while an estimation of effects within the Eurpean Union (EU) is conducted. Finally, the author examine the consequences of freight liberalisation on the fields of investment, cost, and productivity.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/13881973
- Copyright © 2004 Macmillan Publishers Ltd.
- Profillidis, V A
- Publication Date: 2004-9
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: pp 270-273
- TRT Terms: Competition; Costs; Freight service; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Investments; Market share; Productivity; Railroad transportation; Safety
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01606097
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 27 2016 11:22AM