UNDERCUTTING OF TRACK
Undercutting, the process by which ballast and subballast are removed from under ties for either cleaning or wastage, is discussed. Four processes are described.
- Proceedings of the Ninetieth Annual Conference of the Roadmasters' and Maintenance of Way Association of America held September 18-20, 1978, Chicago, Illinois.
Roadmasters' & Maintenance of Way Assn of America18154 Harwood Avenue
Homewood, IL United States 60430
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 48-53
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Maintenance of way; Subballast
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast cleaning; Ballast depth; Ballast undercutting; Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00300553
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM