TRACK GEOMETRY CARS FOR MAINTENANCE PLANNING AND QUALITY CONTROL
Results of a survey indicate the usage made by American railroads of track inspection cars. Types of cars, parameters measured and the instrumentation, operation, accuracy and defect detection, use for maintenance planning, and forecasts about future use are summarized. It is concluded that the state of the art in track geometry cars is not currently at an acceptable level.
- Proceedings of the Ninetieth Annual Conference of the Roadmasters' and Maintenance of Way Association of America held September 18-20, 1978, Chicago, Illinois.
Roadmasters' & Maintenance of Way Assn of America18154 Harwood Avenue
Homewood, IL United States 60430
- Webb, H G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 36-41
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Inspection cars; Instrumentation; Maintenance of way; Measurement; Railroad tracks; Reliability; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Track geometry measurement
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00300552
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM