WHERE HAVE WE BEEN -- WHERE ARE WE GOING?
This paper reviews some of the progress that has been made in recent years in the transportation field by behavioral scientists and human factors engineers. The major areas covered are public transportation systems, railroad systems, highway systems, and personal transportation systems. The report suggests what future problems may be encountered in these areas that will need the attention of human factors specialists.
- From the Meeting of 26 February-2 March 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Nicholson, R M
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Highways; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Human factors engineering; Needs assessment; Prevention; Reviews; Safety; Safety equipment; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems; User needs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00300543
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1981 12:00AM