High-Tech Advances Improve Railroad Safety & Efficiency
This document describes technological innovations implemented in freight railroads to improve safety and efficiency. Sections include: freight car and locomotive wheels, track and infrastructure, locomotives and freight cars, computers and communication systems, and operational safety.
- Record URL:
- This report is updated periodically while the text remains available at the provided URL. The actual date of publication, pagination, and other features may differ from that indicated in this record.
Association of American RailroadsWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 2016-5
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 3p
- TRT Terms: Car wheels (Railroads); Communication and control; Freight cars; Freight transportation; Infrastructure; Locomotives; Railroad safety; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01609449
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 27 2016 7:57AM