PROPER AIRCRAFT TIRE SIZE SELECTION -- OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE WITH MINIMUM MAINTENANCE
High speeds with heavy loads represent the type of operating condition to which the aircraft tire is subjected during its utilization on business aircraft. This type of operation produces severe dynamic forces that challenge the tire design engineer. This challenge is met by selecting the proper tire size, incorporating the necessary design features into the tire construction, and then thoroughly testing the tire to ensure compliance with the performance requirements established by the airframe engineer. The result of selecting the proper tire size is optimum tire and aircraft performance achieved with minimum cost for both airframe manufacturer and end user -- the aircraft customer.
- For the SAE Meeting April 3-6, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Gehrett, L J
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Business aircraft; Size; Tires
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft tires
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00300349
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790598
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1979 12:00AM