DESIGN OF QUIET EFFICIENT PROPELLERS
A numerical computation scheme has been developed to determine the sound generated by propellers. A comparison of these calculations to the noise data taken in the flight test of a propeller driven aircraft shows good agreement. The method is then applied in a parametric study of fixed pitch propellers designed to reduce noise. All these techniques reduce noise while maintaining shaft speed so that the method presented here may be used in a retrofit option for the general aviation fleet.
- For the SAE Meeting April 3-6, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Succi, G P
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Cavitation noise; General aviation aircraft; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Propellers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00300331
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790584
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1979 12:00AM