Keep Existing Federal Truck Size and Weight Limits
This document argues that no changes should be made at this time to federal policy on truck size and weight limits. It argues that fuel taxes and fees currently paid by heavy trucks do not cover the cost of damage done to U.S. highways. A change in policy to allow heavier trucks would cause more damage and add to the tax burden of individuals. It also discusses the impact that increased truck load limits would have on freight railroads.
- Record URL:
- This report is updated periodically while the text remains available at the URL indicated above. The actual date of publication, pagination, and other features may differ from that indicated in this record.
Association of American RailroadsWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 2016-5
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Photos; References;
- Pagination: 3p
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Oversize loads; Overweight loads; Policy, legislation and regulation; Railroads; Trucks
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01603631
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 16 2016 3:09PM