Freight Railroad Capacity and Investment
America's privately-owned freight railroads spent more than $600 billion on equipment and infrastructure from 1980 to 2015. This document includes statistics on freight railroad capital spending and maintenance expenses from 2006-2015. It also looks at projected demand for freight transportation and steps policy-makers can take to meet this demand.
- Record URL:
- This report is updated periodically while the text remains available at the URL indicated above. The actual date of publication, pagination, and other features may differ from that indicated in this record.
Association of American RailroadsWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 2016-4
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2p
- TRT Terms: Demand; Expenditures; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Policy; Railroads; Trend (Statistics)
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01603655
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 16 2016 2:59PM