Shipbuilding trends in response to environmental issues
This paper offers an overview about how societal issues and environmental challenges will influence shipbuilding in the near future. It begins with an evaluation of societal developments and refers to globalization and climate change. The paper then continues to assess the impact of these developments on ship design and operation, and considers how the adverse effects of shipping in this context can be reduced. In this respect, topics like emission control and scrapping of ships are considered.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/1651436X
- © World Maritime University 2007.
- Klein, Hermann J
- Publication Date: 2007-10
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: pp 167-175
- TRT Terms: Climate change; Containerization; Containerships; Environmental protection; Globalization; Pollution control; Shipbuilding; Trend (Statistics); Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01609232
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 16 2016 9:19AM