RAILROADS AND THE ENVIRONMENT IN RAIL FREIGHT OPERATIONS
Because a large number of railroads operate in more than one state, equipment is interchanged on a national basis. Therefore, it is essential that national standards be established for pollution control measures that will preempt local or regional measures, rather than forcing the railroads to face a panoply of partial attempts at environmental controls set at state and local levels.
- Sub-Council Report prepared for the Secretary of Commerce.
National Industrial Pollution Control CouncilWashington, DC United States 20230
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Diesel engines; Environmental protection; Freight handling; Freight service; Locomotives; Noise; Noise control; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight operations
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051334
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM