Vehicle Classification Using the Discrete Fourier Transform with Traffic Inductive Sensors
Inductive Loop Detectors (ILDs) are the most commonly used sensors in traffic management systems. This paper shows that some spectral features extracted from the Fourier Transform (FT) of inductive signatures do not depend on the vehicle speed. Such a property is used to propose a novel method for vehicle classification based on only one signature acquired from a sensor single-loop, in contrast to standard methods using two sensor loops. The authors proposal will be evaluated by means of real inductive signatures captured with the authors hardware prototype.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/14248220
- © 2015 Jose’ J. Lamas-Seco et al.
- Lamas-Seco, José J.
- Castro, Paula M.
- Dapena, Adriana
- Vazquez-Araujo, Francisco J
- Publication Date: 2015
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 27201-27214
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Advanced traffic management systems; Fourier transforms; Hardware in the loop simulation; In vehicle sensors; Loop detectors; Sensors; Speed; Vehicle classification
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01603070
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 25 2016 2:19PM