HOW CAN SUFFICIENT INITIAL SKIDDING RESISTANCE OF ASPHALTIC CONCRETE SURFACINGS BE ATTAINED?
WIE LAESST SICH EINE AUSREICHENDE ANFANGSGRIFFIGKEIT BEI ASPHALTBETONDECKEN VERWIRKLICHEN?
The author refers to the recommendations for the construction of skid-resistant bituminous roads, in which attention is drawn to the dangers of a surface-enriched mixture. Facts discovered by the Weiden Road Construction Authorities show how a) - The demands for sufficient skidding resistance from the start of laying, and b) - The demands for a dense fine asphaltic concrete rich in binder and having a long life. Can be satisfactorily met: namely by subsequent bedding of crushed sand or fine chippings into the mixture which has been placed. The author describes the sand dressing procedure in detail, crushed sand or fine chippings are spread directly after preliminary compaction. In order to obtain a voids content lower than 3 percent heavy rollers must compact the mixture while it is still warm. The author gives details of the knowledge gained since 1967, and confirms it by means of illustrations and diagrams.
Verlag fuer PublizataetAuf der heide 20
300 Isernhagen HB, Hannover, Germany
- Heininger, K
- Publication Date: 1972-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 251-253
- Bitumen, Terre, Asphalte, Peche u Verwardte Staffe
- Volume: 23
- Issue Number: 6
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Binders; Bituminous pavements; Compaction; Mixtures; Skid resistance; Surfacing
- ITRD Terms: 4585: Chippings; 3686: Compaction; 4173: Crushed stone; 3040: Non skid treatment; 4989: Rolled asphalt; 4105: Sand; 3031: Skidding resistance; 2972: Surfacing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00276004
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bundesanstalt für Straßenwesen (BASt)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 5 1974 12:00AM