THE ODER RIVER: TRANSPORT AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
This book presents the importance of transportation in regional development. The main emphasis is on the Oder River as an artery of transportation which is viewed by Polish planners as an important link between Upper Silesia and the maritime port of Szczecin. The river flows through the axis of a highly industrialized part of Poland which produces slightly more than half of the national output. Recently changing technology on the river is revolutionizing the efficiency of waterborne commerce.
Northwestern University, EvanstonTransportation Center, Leverone Hall
Evanston, IL United States 60201
- Bierman, D E
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 246 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Economics; Marine transit; Port operations; Ports; Research; Transportation; Transportation planning; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Research; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00051235
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University, Evanston
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1978 12:00AM