Cycling and Walking Investment Strategy
England's long term goal up to 2040 is that walking and cycling should be a normal part of everyday life, and the natural choice for shorter journeys such as the commute to school, college, work or leisure trips. This document sets out the Government's ambition for creating a walking and cycling nation, the targets and objectives being worked towards, the financial resources available to meet the objectives, the strategy for delivering objectives, and the governance arrangements that will review this delivery. Case studies are included and an annex includes 2010-2014 data for cycling activity, walking activity, cyclist fatalities, and walk to school data.
- Record URL:
- © Crown copyright 2016.
Department for TransportLondon, United Kingdom
- Publication Date: 2016-3
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 48p
- TRT Terms: Bicycling; Case studies; Financing; Governance; Investments; School trips; Transportation planning; Transportation safety; Trend (Statistics); Walking
- Geographic Terms: England
- Subject Areas: Finance; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 01612348
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 17 2016 3:59PM