NON-WOVEN MATERIALS. DOES THIS AFFECT THE PETROLEUM INDUSTRY?
LES NON-TISSES. L'INDUSTRIE PETROLIERE EST-ELLE CONCERNEE
After having defined non-woven materials in relation to paper and cloth, the authors describe their manufacture, properties, use and present market. Details are given of the technical, economic and psychological factors influencing the use of non-woven materials, in particular the relation between the petrochemistry and the non-woven material industry. Attention is drawn to the case of soil stabilization with bidim layers (non-woven spun-bonded polyester material) which act as an anti-pollution and load-distribution device. Examples are given of the use of non-woven materials, in particular stabilization of roads in oilfield swampy areas.
Societe de Editions Technip27 rue Ginoax
75737 Paris 15, France
- LeSage, J
- Berstrand, ARV
- Publication Date: 1970-10
- Features: Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- Institut Francais du Patrol Rev et Ann Combust Liq
- Volume: 25
- Issue Number: 10
- Publisher: Societe de Editions Technip
- TRT Terms: Crude oil; Economic factors; Manufacturing; Nonwoven textiles; Polyester resins; Soil stabilization; Swamps
- ITRD Terms: 3085: Bearing capacity; 4348: Bog; 4177: Clay; 5905: Compressibility; 2801: Embankment; 4557: Fibre; 7182: Filter; 332: Industry; 2952: Layer; 3647: Manufacture; 4555: Material (constr); 7398: Petroleum; 2453: Pollution; 7448: Polyester; 7481: Polymerization; 9149: Prevention; 3665: Road construction; 4156: Soil; 3689: Soil stabilization
- Subject Areas: Economics; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00265600
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM