Digital ambitions : GE Marine's plans to harness the group's industrial Internet will be realised this year when it launches what is claimed to be the market's first truly predictive vessel monitoring system -- Class societies vie for big data business : Lloyd's Register and the American Bureau of Shipping are the latest class societies to issue dedicated guidance for ship owners and operators hoping to tap the efficiencies offered by cutting-edge information and communications systems -- DNV GL fuel tool taps VPS database -- MOL embarks on big data transmission trial -- A computer revolution : reliable computer-based modelling of how a ship and its components behave in water could eventually transform the way ships are designed. For now, improving propeller and bow designs is proving fertile ground.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Title from head of page 24.
- Publication Date: 2016-3
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: pages 24-28
- TRT Terms: Information processing; Merchant marine; Shipbuilding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Big data
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01598744
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: May 2 2016 3:14PM