PROCESS GUIDELINES (SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, AND ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS ON HIGHWAY PROJECTS)
Process guidelines for social, economic and environmental effects on highway projects includes information and procedures on the following: the purpose, authority, definitions, policy, application, contents of the action plan, identification of social economic and environmental effects, consideration of alternative courses of action, involvement of other agencies and the public systematic, interdisciplinary approach, decision making process, interrelation of system and project decision, levels of action by project category, responsibility for implementation, fiscal and other resources, and consistency with existing laws and directives.
- A policy and procedure memorandum submitted by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration. Proceedings of the ASCE Urban Transportation Division Environment Impact Specialty Conference, May 21-23, 1973, Chicago, Illinois.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: p. 356-362
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Economic impacts; Environmental impacts; Guidelines; Interdisciplinary studies; Laws; Methodology; Road construction; Social factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Interdisciplinary
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Law; Society;
- Accession Number: 00265170
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1975 12:00AM