NOISE STUDIES ON THE M5 MOTORWAY IN SOUTH-WEST ENGLAND
The M5 Motorway connects Birmingham with Bristol and is currently being extended to Pearce's Hill, southwest of Exeter, following the general line of the existing A38 trunk road. The paper describes studies which have been carried out at the design stage to investigate the effects of noise from motorway traffic on the areas through which a route passes and on nearby buildings. The studies have involved the prediction of noise levels, comparison of predicted values with existing exposures and with acceptable levels, the development of suitable methods of presentation, comparisons between different routes in terms of noise, and the determination of protective measures. Two examples are quoted.
- International Conference on Noise Control Engineering, Copenhagen, 1973.
Inter-Noise Conference, 1973Technical University, Building 352
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
- WEBB, J
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 411-415
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Highway planning; Sound level; Traffic noise; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00265127
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: E 24Z11 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM