NOISE FROM DIESEL ENGINES
This report addresses the problem of diesel engine noise, giving particular attention to the problem of noise radiated from the engine surface. A 6-cylinder inline-engine is used as an example. After discussing the alterations of external engine parts and noise reducing enclosures for presently existing engines, attention is given to the design of a new engine which would be more desirable in regard to both noise and price.
- International Conference on Noise Control Engineering, Cophenhagen, 1973.
Inter-Noise Conference, 1973Technical University, Building 352
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
- Thien, G E
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 133-142
- TRT Terms: Design; Diesel engines; Noise; Noise control
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00265118
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B23 Y10 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM