SHIPBUILDING COST AND PRICE INDICES
The primary purpose of the shipbuilding cost and price indices is the measurement of change in those values with time. In cost estimating and analysis, such indices are commonly used to determine the present day value of an equivalent ship or component from historical data, to detect inflationary or recessionary changes, and to forecast future values based on the trends. This paper also briefly describes the sources used to establish cost and price data and the techniques used in preparing the MARAD cost and Price indices.
- Prepared for the University of Michigan's Engineering Summer Conference on Economics in Ship Design and Operation.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Fetchko, J A
- Publication Date: 1968-6
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Costs; Shipbuilding
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051160
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM