The State of Transportation 2016: Initiatives with a Call to Action
In 2016, transportation engineers, planners, advocates, and policymakers continue to face a rapidly changing landscape of communities calling for new solutions. Technological advances, societal shifts, energy demands, and demographic changes are requiring new strategies to safely and efficiently move people and freight. Challenges must be met through the combined application of resources, technology, and partnerships. Cross-discipline efforts to meet these challenges are on the rise. This article examines some of the recent and ongoing local, national, and international initiatives and programs that are inspiring new transportation approaches to cross-discipline topics such as public health, safety, and community building.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/614107147
- Abstract reprinted with permission from the Institute of Transportation Engineers.
- Birdsall, Michelle
- Publication Date: 2016-1
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: pp 32-37
- TRT Terms: Fatalities; Highway safety; Injuries; Transportation policy; Walkability; Walking
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01598136
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 11 2016 12:21PM