The causes of corrosion in the steel reinforcement of concrete structures are generally thought to be well understood. But recent investigations reveal that unusual environmental circumstances can cause unexpectedly high levels of corrosion. And this corrosion, which can be almost impossible to detect even with state-of-the-art techniques, can be devastating, as this article reports.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/10480594
- © 2016 American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Abu-Yosef, Ali
- Ahern, Michael
- Poston, Randall W
- Publication Date: 2016-1
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: pp 54-61
- TRT Terms: Concrete structures; Corrosion; Deterioration by environmental action; Reinforcement (Engineering)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 01597587
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ASCE
- Created Date: Apr 6 2016 11:00AM