UNITED STATES AND FOREIGN COASTAL RADIO STATIONS ACCEPTING SHIPS' WEATHER OBSERVATION MESSAGES
The booklet has an international list of coastal radio stations that are authorized to accept weather observation messages from ships. Information for U.S. radio stations was obtained directly from the stations; for foreign radio stations, the data were obtained from the World Meteorological Organization publication, Volume D - Information for Shipping, and from the International Telecommunication Union publication, Coast Stations. Weather messages will be handled free of charge to ships; the radio tolls will be paid by the national meteorological service to which the messages are addressed.
National Weather ServiceSilver Spring, MD United States
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Coasts; Meteorology; Radio stations; Tables (Data); Weather forecasting; Weather stations
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Marine meteorology; Observations
- Old TRIS Terms: Coastal radio stations; Weather communication; Weather reporting
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00051154
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM