The Role and Value of Transportation in America’s Economy: Four Case Studies About How Economic Growth is Creating New Transportation Needs (Website)
This study clarifies and explains the role and value of transportation in relation to the U.S. economy. The website for the project includes videos, printable factsheets, and infographics for four case studies. The case studies highlight how transportation keeps U.S. farmers competitive in the global market, how buying online is changing the way goods move, how Millennials are changing commuting in America, and how roads sustain America’s domestic energy boom. The website and related deliverables introduce these topics to general audiences and may be used by other agencies considering production of similar information specific to their own state or region.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 2016
- Media Type: Web
- Features: Figures; Illustrations; Photos;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Agriculture; Case studies; Commuting; Economic growth; Electronic commerce; Energy; Young adults
- Uncontrolled Terms: Millennials
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 01593951
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCHRP Project 20-24 89(B)
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 18 2016 3:23PM