CLAMSHELL UNLOADER REEVING SYSTEMS
For many years, the clamshell unloader has been the heart of the typical unloading facility, and in spite of new unloading techniques, it will continue to play a major role in years to come, since today's high performance, high capacity unloader can represent an investment of several million dollars. The purpose of this presentation is to discuss the various types of reeving systems that are available, their major advantages and limitations, and the features that are essential to any system to insure smooth and trouble-free operation.
- Prepared for meeting 19-21 September 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Coulter, S M
- Fenton, E A
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Bulk cargo terminals; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Loading and unloading; Marine terminals
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk unloading systems
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00051105
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-MH-6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM