NEGOTIATION OF A PROTOCOL RELATING TO INTERVENTION ON THE HIGH SEAS IN CASES OF MARINE POLLUTION BY SUBSTANCES OTHER THAN OIL
The statement concerns the negotiation of a protocol relating to intervention on the high seas in cases of marine pollution by substances other than oil. The protocol authorizes contracting parties to take such measures on the high seas as may be necessary to prevent, mitigate, or eliminate grave and imminent danger to their coastline or related interests from pollution or threat of pollution by substances other than oil following a maritime casualty which may reasonably be expected to result in major harmful consequences. Measures to control or counteract discharges of substances other than oil may produce adverse environmental effects.
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement.
United States Coast GuardOffice of Marine Environment and Systems
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-8-20
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impact statements; Hazardous materials; International relations; Oceans; Regulation; Spills (Pollution); Water pollution; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Eis; Water pollution abatement; Water pollution regulation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051061
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM