STRUCTURE, COMPOSITION AND PROPERTIES OF ICE COVER ON MARINE AND FRESH WATER BODIES
Contents: Structure and composition of the ice cover of marine and fresh water bodies; ice structure in the process of formation, growth and disappearance of an ice cover; Phase and salt composition of ice as a function of the physical and chemical processes transpiring in the ice cover; Ice cover porosity; Thermal and mechanical properties of the ice cover on marine and fresh water bodies; Mechanical properties of the ice cover during its formation, growth and destruction.
- Trans. of momo. Stroenie, Sostav i Svoistva Ledyanogo Pokrova Morskikh i Persnykh Vodemov, Moscow, 1963, 541 pp.
Army Foreign Science and Technology Center220 7th Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA USA 22901
- Savelev, B A
- Publication Date: 1973-4-18
- Pagination: 553 p.
- TRT Terms: Fresh water; Ice; Ice formations; Mechanical properties; Physical properties; River ice; Thermal properties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ice properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Fresh water ice
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00051044
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FSTC-HT-23-50-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 20 1974 12:00AM