EFFECT OF INLET CONDITIONS ON THE OPTIMAL SHAPE OF A DIFFUSER
The research is based on the application to short diffusers of the approximation theory of potential flow of a fluid in channels and the Bur single-parameter theory of a turbulent boundary layer.
- Edited trans. of Energeticheskoe Mashinostroenie (USSR) n11 p61-65 1971, by Paul J. Reiff.
Foreign Technology DivisionWright-Patterson Air Force Base
Dayton, OH United States 45433
- Morozov, D I
- Publication Date: 1973-8-6
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer; Boundary layer flow; Culvert inlets; Diffusers; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Exhaust system components; Flow fields; Gas turbines; Mathematical models; Optimization; Potential flow; Shape; Translations; Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Displacement thickness; Duct inlets; Incompressible flow; Turbine exhaust pipes
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-HT-23-841-73
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1974 12:00AM