CONFERENCE ON REFRIGERATED CONTAINERS
This conference was the first in a series of Assessment of Technology (AsTec) Conferences to be presented by the Maritime Administration, Office of Ports and Intermodal Systems. Representatives from the shippers, carriers, manufacturers, Maritime Administration and the Department of Agriculture discussed in considerable detail and from a practical point of view, problems and some approaches to their solution concerning standard specification for refrigerated containers; container construction; refrigeration unit capability; instrumentation capability; carriage of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and poultry; quarantine regulations and product quality maintenance.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Chilled cargo; Containers; Equipment maintenance; Frozen cargo; Perishables; Refrigerated cargo; Refrigeration (Structures); Refrigeration systems; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo ventilation; Container manufacturing; Container standards
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051028
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 20 1974 12:00AM