LIST OF STUDIES IN PROGRESS
Studies have been reported on the properties of snow and ice. The papers cover such aspects as over-snow trafficability, snow stratigraphy, physical properties of snow, waterflow through snow, radiation transmitted by snow, failure of ice, and snowstorms. Studies on precipitation and accumulation cover the fields of true precipitation, snow drifting, and the creation of winter storms. Projects on snowpack measurements are listed. Snow hydrology projects and the application of environmental analysis to watershed snowmelt is also reported. Several reports on streamflow are included as well as work on lake and river ice. A vehicle study project, the design and operation of highways, a survey of icing loads on structures, snow loads on roofs and buildings, snow and ice control and snow melting systems are reported in the section on highways and buildings. Work on the thermal conductivity of frozen and unfrozen peat is listed.
- Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth Annual Eastern Snow Conference, February 3, 5, 1972, Oswego, New York.
Eastern Snow ConferenceDufresne-Henry Engineering Corporation, Gordon R Ayer
Charleston, NH USA 03603
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: p. 147-158
- Eastern Snow Conference Annual Meeting Proceedings
- Publisher: Eastern Snow Conference
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Bibliographies; Building; Flow; Highway design; Ice; Indexes (Information management); Loads; Measurement; Physical properties; Reviews; Snow; Snowdrifts; Streamflow; Streams; Thermal conductivity; Trafficability; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Precipitation; Snow & ice properties
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00262492
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM