SIGN RECOGNITION TEST RESULTS "DISAPPOINTING"
The State Department of Transportation in Wisconsin conducted a test of motorists' ability to recognize the new highway signs using pictures to convey messages as opposed to the conventional word signs. The test results were disappointing in that the number wrong indicated that motorists are not adapting as readily as had been expected to the new international signs. The Division of Highways and Motor Vehicles has taken this to mean that a mandatory re-testing program of drivers should be implemented, and that a longer transition period is needed before removing the words that accompany the pictures on the new signs.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1519687
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: p. 38
- TRT Terms: Driver training; International; State highway departments; Symbol signs; Testing; Traffic signs
- Old TRIS Terms: International symbol signs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00262059
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM