NOISE DEVELOPMENT IN STEEL RAILWAY BRIDGES
Measurements were made at the following characteristic points: on the bridge, 2 m laterally from center of track 2 m above rail level; 25 m laterally from bridge, 1.6 m above ground; and below the bridge, 1.6 m above ground. The frequency spectra have been recorded. A survey is given of the noise levels emitted by 16 bridges, the latter being classified according to method of track laying. A outline of future tests is given. The track will be sound proofed before the tests are run.
- Question E82. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 42-43
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Noise; Railroad bridges; Railroad tracks; Railroad traffic; Sound level; Structural design; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Railroad noise; Track design
- Old TRIS Terms: Question e82
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039491
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE Pub-24
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1975 12:00AM