TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION THROUGH THE AUTOMATIC COUPLER
This report discusses future developments in automatic coupling and uncoupling of trains. With the advent of fully automatic couplers, it is hoped that the following will be possible: the automatic connection of air pipes for controlling and operating brakes; a collector line connection to transmit electrical current to heat cars and to feed other electrical units; the connection of a central-current supply line to transmit central orders, for data transmission-reception and for train separation signals; and connection of a line for currents carrying data between the locomotive and train.
- Question A103. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-1
- Pagination: p. 31-32
- Publication of: International Union of Railways
- Issue Number: 28
- TRT Terms: Automatic train operation; Control systems; Couplers; Design; Railroad trains
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a103
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00039414
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORE Pub-28
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 5 1976 12:00AM