In an attempt to present the AASHTO recommendations for resolving some of the salient urban transportation problems, resource papers (on several areas of interest) are presented here which essentially address problem areas with the intent of development acceptable solutions for use by responsible officials in decision-making as opposed to the continuing management of problem areas. Task force recommendations are detailed which were developed from the individual papers. The individual papers cover the following subjects: Designation and Operation of Highway Transportation Systems in Urban Areas; Streamlining Existing Federal Planning Regulations as Related to Transportation; Monitoring the Effectiveness of Transportation Planning and Implementation Including Community and Environmental Impacts; Institutional Arrangements for Areawide Transportation Planning, Programming and Funding; Relationships of Areawide; Subarea and Project Planning in the Urban Transportation Process; and Joint use of Highway Rights-of-Way for Utilities, Transmission Lines, Special Lanes, Recreational Activities.
- Developed by the AASHTO Planning Subcommittee on Environmental, Social and Economic Affairs.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- TRT Terms: Administration; Computer programming; Decision making; Environmental impacts; Federal government; Highway transportation; Implementation; Joint use; Operations; Recommendations; Regulations; Social values; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Programming; Right of way
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Highways; Law; Research;
- Accession Number: 00263083
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1974 12:00AM