CURRENT TRENDS IN OFFSHORE DRILLING RIGS
The increasing global energy requirements have caused a large demand for mobile offshore drilling vessels. More sophisticated, cost-effective vessels are necessary to operate in the often severe wind, wave, ice, current, and deep-water environments. Through the efficient use of data processing, aerospace structural and advanced hydrodynamic techniques and instrumentation, the state of the art of drilling vessel design and operation has progressed considerably in recent years. Increasing sophistication will be necessary to develop future generations of offshore drilling systems.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1623789
- Presented at the September 22, 1972 meeting of the Gulf Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Zumwalt, C E
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- TRT Terms: Drilling ships; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046166
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM