OECD-STUDY OF TRAFFIC REDUCTION EFFORTS
OECD is currently engaged in a project to reduce the use of private vehicles and in conjunction with this, to improve public transportation. The emphasis will be on better use of existing facilities: e.g. parking restrictions, bus priority and exclusive bus lanes, promotion of car-pools, and encouraging bicycle use. Data from these investigations will be summarized and presented at an Advisory Conference to be held late in 1974.
- HUD International Information Series.
Department of Housing and Urban DevelopmentOffice of International Affairs
Washington, DC USA 20410
- Publication Date: 1974-8-2
- Pagination: p. 3
- Issue Number: 29
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Bus lanes; Bus priority; Carpools; Parking regulations; Private transportation; Public transit
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00262501
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1981 12:00AM