TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR HIGH POWERED SINGLE SCREW PROPULSION OF MERCHANT SHIPS. VOLUME 1, EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
MarAd announces the availability of a report prepared by Hydronautics, Inc. which describes the work done in assessing the technical requirements for high powered single screw propulsion of merchant ships. Areas of investigation included the maximum power currently in use in single screw ships, the availability of high power components for ships, and problems encountered in service. A complete bibliography is provided. The collected data were analyzed, problem areas identified and the state-of-the-art determined. Also identified was research necessary to extend the state-of-the-art allowing the design and construction of single screw ships of higher horsepower.
- Volume 2, NTIS PB-293884/AS.
Hydronautics, Incorporated7210 Pindel School Road
Laurel, MD USA 20810
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Atlas, R M
- Chang, P Y
- Roseman, D P
- Scherer, J O
- Tomassoni, C A
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Propellers; Propulsion; Screw propellers; State of the art; Types of propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Power requirement
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00300800
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-79032A Techn Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-7-38023
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM