STUDY ON CROSS FLOW IN SHIP BOUNDARY LAYER
The reversed cross flow appears at the after part of ship hulls, and it is necessary to use the velocity-profile model expressing this reversal of the flow in the calculation of ship boundary layers. The magnitude of the velocity normal to wall is found to be of considerable amount as compared with that of the cross flow. Order from NSFI as No. 17434.
- Proceedings International Symposium on Ship Viscous Resistance, Aug 31-Sept 1, 1978.
Swedish State Shipbuilding Experimental TankP.O. Box 24001
S-40022 Goteborg 24, Sweden
- Himeno, Y
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer flow; Boundary layer separation; Pressure; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Velocity profiles
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00300777
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 17 1979 12:00AM