STRUCTURAL GUIDANCE STUDY FOR LARGE POLAR ICEBREAKER. LARGE POLAR ICEBREAKER FOR UNITED STATES COAST GUARD.
This report refers to the historical background of icebreaker design, discusses the merits of the theoretical work done and suggests the criteria to be adopted for determining shell plating and framing structure. Reference is also made to the effect of aspect ratio on shell thickness with corresponding curves. Corrosion of icebreakers is also briefly discussed. ( Author )
Lloyd's Register of Shipping71 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 4BS, England
- Publication Date: 1967-3
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion; Corrosion protection
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00002111
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: R.T.A.5047 Prelim Rpt
- Contract Numbers: TCG17961A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1972 12:00AM