MOVING A NATIONAL RESOURCE. A COMPENDIUM ON INTERREGIONAL COAL TRANSPORTATION
This compendium was prepared as a four-region (V, VI, VII, and VIII) input to the National Energy Transportation Study (NETS) by the Interregional Coal Transportation (ICT) Task Force. It addresses only the aspects of coal and the transportation issues related to its movement within and across the regions. The ICT Task Force was formed in 1977 and is now represented by the Chicago, Dallas, Kansas City, and Denver regional offices of the Department of Energy (DOE). Region III, Philadelphia, has contributed as the eastern states' voice for comparative purposes. The papers' purpose is to identify the key state and regional issues which will be of consequence to the NETS endeavor. This compendium is presented in an unedited form and does not reflect official DOE policy. Specifically, the recommendations made in the Executive Summary are potential considerations as seen from a regional perspective.
Department of EnergyInterregional Coal Transportation Task Force
Lakewood, CO USA
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Coal; Coal industry; Coal pipelines; Demand; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Inland water transportation; Origin and destination; Regional planning; Slurry pipelines; Water traffic
- Geographic Terms: Midwestern States; Western States
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Bulk coal; Inland waterways transportation; National energy transportation study
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00300607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM